By Abby Pattermann

What's your major? Double Major in Business Leadership and Philosophy, minor in Dance

What's your summer experience? Virtual internship from my home in Syracuse, NY, with Tintto, a company in Berlin, Germany.


What's your role? I have weekly meetings with my supervisor, and collaborate on projects with other employees. I've helped to evaluate potential investors for the company's artificial intelligence (AI) software.


What’s cool about this experience?

Well, I’m getting to intern for a company in Berlin, Germany from the comfort of my family’s home in Syracuse, New York! Tintto is developing an AI Recruiter Copilot that will have the ability to rank top job candidates based on the partner company’s needs, cultures, and job requirements. I'm super interested in the world of human resources and recruitment, and this company is helping to find the future of both, while incorporating the ever-growing capabilities of artificial intelligence. 


How has it helped you personally?

Prior to this experience, I was never a techy person or knowledgeable on AI, but I've learned to appreciate both. I've been exposed to so many new business tools and information on how AI works and what it's used for. I'm grateful to see how the work I'm putting in will help the future of the company and business as a whole.


Has this experience changed your perspective about yourself, or your potential to make a positive impact in your life's work?

I've been super interested in human resources as a career path, and this is my first work experience that relates to this. I'd say that this experience has definitely solidified my love for HR. Recruitment and hiring is such a special topic and I can absolutely see myself continuing this line of work.


How has Naz prepared or helped you to get the most out of this experience?

My internship experience is being hosted through a company called Virtual Internships, in partnership with Nazareth. Naz found this opportunity for students and has also provided a learning program through CareerBridge that helps you learn about what to expect from the internship project as you go along.


How did the SPARK grant help you?

I'm so grateful for the SPARK Grant! Without this extra funding, I would not have been able to afford this exceptional opportunity. I'm appreciative that Naz offers this help to students to encourage a further level of academic success.